who we are
UTracks: Active Self-Guided and Small Group Holidays in Europe
In 2006, World Expeditions released it's active Europe program, which contained 21 self guided and small group trips, in their 2006/07 Active Adventures brochure. The self guided trips were a hit with travellers and the range was quickly expanded to more than 50 self guided and small group active European trips to cater for the demand.
The 2007 program was released as a standalone brochure (pictured right) - and this is when the UTracks brand was born. The name's origin - U + the Tracks - was inspired by the relatively new style of self guided trips and the flexibility it afforded, and the new brand filled a much needed place as the specialist active European holiday division of World Expeditions.
Since then, we have experienced record growth - and expanded the range to over 400 trips - as travellers flock to our unique way of experiencing the paths less travelled in Europe.
• 2006 – World Expeditions introduces self guided Europe range in their Active Adventures brochure
• 2007 – UTracks is launched. First brochure is 40 pages featuring 60 odd trips to 10 European countries
• 2009 – Released Bike/Walk & Sail trips in Croatia, Turkey and Greece
• 2012 – Inaugural Food Lover’s Spanish Camino trip, the first of the Food Lover’s series, sold out on release. Active Europe program now 160+ trips to 25+ European countries.
• 2013 – Sherpa Expeditions’ trips included in the UTracks brochure bringing with it a comprehensive English walking program
• 2014 – Introduced full length Francigena Way pilgrimage walk, from the Alps to Rome, in Italy
• 2015 - Introduced full length Camino walks in Spain & France
• 2017 – Active Europe range now 400+ trips to 35 countries in Europe